Naming, Organizing, and Searching Queries
Once you start naming your queries and organizing them in folders, not only will you be able to find your work in the future, but your co-workers will be able to leverage your work as well. Here are some tips to stay organized and productive with PopSQL:
- Give your queries a good name. For example,
Week over week user growth,
Recent email opens,
Past due invoices, etc.
- Put related queries in a folder.
- Quickly find queries with the fuzzy finder by hitting
Cmd+T on macOS or
Ctrl+T on Windows/Linux.
Here are some examples of folders and queries we have at PopSQL:
- Billing and Subscriptions
- Who are the active users in an organization?
- How active is an organization?
- Organizations that are past due
- Who are the billing admins?
- How many students do we have?
- Users per day
- Organizations per day
- Which database clients are most popular?
- Recent organizations
- Look up an organization by email domain
- Look up an organization by name